I have worked in retail pretty much my whole working career. I like it (mostly), I like people (mostly), and I am really good at my job. I am also overflowing with snark and sarcasm. So I am sharing my retail tips here with you…
1. When your kid is running around screaming at the top of their lungs, quietly saying over and over, “we don’t run”, isn’t going to cut it. Smack the kid on the but and MAKE them behave!
2. Actually listen to that the associate tells you. If they say go down 5 aisles, don’t stop at the first one and say stupidly ” I can’t find it
3. Pinterest is your best friend and your worst enemy. Your project will NOT come out exactly like the picture. The makers have years of experience and made hundreds of items before photographing that one you see.
4. Just be a nice to your fellow humans. Treat others the way you want to be treated. If you want to be an asshole to people do t expect them to be nice back to you.
5. Tip for the bosses…Appreciate your employees. If you don’t they will leave. Those who stay will resent you more and more, plotting your death, hoping you get crushed in the stock truck.
This will be just the first of many snarky tips to come. I’m always coming up with more of them!